The Street Department operates out of the Gayland R. Moore Service Center located at 499 N. Hambden Street.
The City of Chardon Street Division serves to keep roads safe and maintained for public.
- Guardrail Repairs - Repair and maintain City-owned guardrails.
- Leaf Collection - Begins in late October and collects leaves left at the curb from properties on public City streets through December 1 (weather permitting).
- Pothole Repair - Potholes are repaired as reported by residents or City staff.
- Street Maintenance Program - This is a program which streets, curbs, pavement markings, and traffic signals are evaluated as to condition, and repaired or replaced based on priority. Crack seal is also used to maintain pavement.
- Street Sweeping - Street Sweeping is routine maintenance performed twice each year on curbed streets.
- Signs –Repaired, replaced and new signs are installed throughout the City as required.
- Snow Control operations are performed on 54 lane mile of road and 28 miles of sidewalks during winter weather conditions to provide safe travel for the residents, patrons and emergency vehicles.
- Storm Water Management – Storm Sewers, Catch Basins and Ditches are cleaned, repaired and installed.
- Mowing – Berms, Cemeteries, and common areas owned by the city.
- Sidewalk Program – This is a program used to have property owners maintain the structure of their sidewalk in a safe condition.