October 2, 2023
2023 Residential Brush Collection
Monday, October 2, 2023
2023 Residential Neighborhood Curbside Brush Collection
First Monday of Each Month (May through October)
The City of Chardon Public Service Department will continue to provide a residential curbside brush collection program this year. Collections will be on the first Monday of each month or the Tuesday following a holiday from May thru October. Dates are as follows:
- Monday – May 8th, 2023 (2nd Monday in May due to the Maple Festival)
- Monday – June 5th, 2023
- Monday – July 3rd, 2023
- Monday – August 7th, 2023
- Tuesday – September 5th, 2023
- Monday – October 2nd, 2023
City staff will begin the collection process shortly after 7:00 am on that first Monday morning and will continue for as many days as necessary to complete one (1) full trip around town.
To assure that brush is able to be removed, and in an effort to keep this process safe for employees, residents must comply with the following guidelines listed below.
- All material MUST be set in the tree lawn or as close as possible to the roadside or drive apron the Sunday night before collection day – but PLEASE, not sooner than one week before collection and try and refrain from placing material in the ditch.
- Branch lengths should not exceed 5 feet long and the branches can be no larger than 6 inches in diameter.
- The brush should NOT be tied or bundled as it will be chipped at the curb.
- No leaves, grass clippings, vines or other yard waste will be collected.
- No brush with nails, wire, etc. will be collected.
- No Treated or Synthetic lumber.
- Stumps and roots will NOT be collected.
Please note that this program is strictly intended for the removal of brush from trees in and abutting the public Right of Way in Residential areas and is not intended for felled trees of any sort, landscape clean-up material or tree trimmings for private contractors. Brush will not be collected on Private Drives or in Commercial Districts.
Since this is a City funded program, we ask that others from outside the City not be invited to bring brush for collection.